At the beginning of the year I decided I wanted to do
29 things by the time I turned 29. The time has come and gone and here is my list of what I got done! I tried to blog about most of the things as I did them. I completed 15 of the 29 (some of them are halfway done). So... not wonderful, but not bad! Better than not getting anything done all year. I discovered that it's hard to know at the beginning of the year what your year is going to be like. When I made this list I was living in my in laws basement, no knowing where I would be living or what I would be doing for sure. Some of my priorities changed during the year. Such as.... I don't have "plant a garden and learn to can" on this list but that has taken up a majority of my time this past summer/fall. Either way, I feel very accomplished for doing some of these things. Some of them have been in the works for a long time or were on my bucket list and are now done. So I'm happy with it!
1-
Go on a hike to Lake Mary
2- Make a hexagon quilt -
bought the stuff for it... but haven't started sewing
3-
Make a quiet book for my boy
4-
Run in a race (5K or half marathon... either way!)
5-
Grow my own basil and make homemade pesto from it
6- Make an
apron for myself (I've honestly never done this) -
nope
7-
Lose 30 lbs or get
pregnant (cause if I get preggo I probably wont be losing the weight this
year) -
I'm checking this off... because I did get pregnant, just didn't work out. I only lost 5 measly pounds though.
8- Do all of the
temple
work for 5 ancestors (I'll explain this better when I do it) -
halfway there
9-
Find a
great lipstick shade I really love
Cover Girls outlast lipstain. That's my go to everyday.
10- Add 5 new items to my
Etsy shop -
sadly no...
11- Participate in
a craft fair -
nope
12-
Finish the quilt for our bed -
Halleluja!
13- Organize and re-label
all of our files -
halfway there
14-
Build a toy barn for my boy
15-
Go on a date to The
Little Acorn, where I first met my husband -
We did it but we went through the drive through... does that still count? Sure!
16- Do a 30 day sugar fast -
HA! No...
17- Organize all of my recipes
into a binder -
nope
18-
Take my boy to see the Buffalo's
19-
Take a yoga class -
As fate would have it my bff invited me to go to a class with her a few weeks ago and I did! It was wonderful and I hope to go again soon.
20- Write more consistently in my personal journal -
funny story here. I hid my journal in a super sneeky place so that nobody would find it and read it (we had a few babysitters come over and I just didn't want to chance it) but then I couldn't remember where I hid it and couldn't find it until last week. So no...
21-
Get some house plants, and not kill them - I have one plant and it's not dead yet... so I'm counting it!
22- Pay off all my medical
bills -
sigh... no. We did pay off our car though.
23-
Learn how to use different saws and get more into woodworking
24-
Organize a "command center" for my home
25- Go to Yellowstone for our 10th year of marriage (this is where we
honeymooned) -
nope, maybe this year!
26- Finish the stupid Santa cross stitch that I've been working
on for the past 8 years!!! - and frame it for Christmas -
NO!!! DARN!
27- Exercise at least
4 days per week -
Yes... until I hurt my knee. So for half the year I did.
28- Organize my pantry better -
I don't have pantry so no
29-
Do my hair in different
ways other than straight down at least once a week -
Well, I decided a few months ago that I was sick and tired of washing my hair everyday and waiting for it to dry. So I started washing it every other day... and it's going pretty well. On the days that I don't wash it it's usually in a ponytail, messy bun, braid, or I curl it. So I'm counting this as a yes.
Ah, the Little Acorn. I still remember the day you two met. Who would have thought you'd end up together after that date. LOL. Love ya!
ReplyDeleteYou. ROCK.
ReplyDeleteYou are awesome and this is totally inspiring me to get out a similar list I made and check in with myself. Way to go!!!
ReplyDeleteWow, I'm impressed! Makes me want to make a list, too.
ReplyDelete