August 30, 2012
Antelope Island...
I've been wanting to take my boy to Antelope Island for a while now. It's a magical place... once you get past the smell of brine shrimp and salt water. Where else can you go and see buffalo roam around on an island in the middle of a lake? I've only been there a few times in my life but I really love this type of thing and knew he would too.
So we went for family night this week and took a picnic dinner to eat with the buffalo. We lucked out and found the perfect secluded spot where there were two buffalo feeding and roaming around pretty darn close to us.
We parked our blanket in the middle of the trail because I didn't want to get any closer to the buffalo ;). Turns out these two were pretty docile creatures. Just getting a little dinner themselves.
And rolling around to get bugs off their backs. It's quite the ordeal, to roll around in the dirt when you're a buffalo. And loud...
Then this little dude decided that he was a baby buffalo...
We watched the sun set and turn the sky the most beautiful orange color...
Goodbye buffalo... til next time.
You know what else we saw on Antelope Island? Antelope! I don't know if I've ever seen an antelope out there before, but we drove along side this one. He was beautiful!
In a three day span we saw two tarantulas, coyotes, buffalo, antelope, owls, deer, rabbits, all wild... all outside in this beautiful state. Utah, you are so diverse and beautiful! That is why I love you...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I had no idea there were tarantulas in Utah! And now I want to go to antelope island....
ReplyDeleteYou are so brave... buffalo scare the heck out of me since one rammed our van when we went to Yellowstone as a teenager, lol.
ReplyDelete