Baby G
born August 1st at 7:37 PM
Weighing in at 5 lbs 13 oz and 18 1/2 inches long
He was born 4 weeks early due to some complications that I was having.
But he is doing great! Never had to spend any time in the NICU. He is the sweetest little guy.
We are all so smitten around here by him, and we are glad he is here safe and sound.
I found out last Thursday that I had HELLP syndrome and we needed to have him born that day. So the super short version of the story is that I was induced by having my water broken, started labor 2 hours later, and 3 1/2 hours after that we had our little boy. I was able to have a VBAC and have him without an epidural. Maybe I'll share the long version of the story sometime... still not sure about that! It turned out to be one of the best, most rewarding, yet hardest and scariest experiences of my life.
The best part of the story is that I was able to bring my little baby home with me. Something I have longed for and looked forward to for the past four years. It was as wonderful as I hoped it would be.
Things might be quiet around here for the next little while as we adjust to this new little guy.

Yay!! I love it. :D I'm glad you were able to do what you wanted with the delivery even if you needed to go early. :D Congrats!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Mindy! It's amazing how it all worked out. I'm glad that I was able to do it, but it was tough stuff!
DeleteWhat a beautiful picture of the two boys! You were so AMAZING MEG! What a powerful force to be reckoned with! Even with all the hookups, you still birthed like a pro! You look great and the little G is so incredibly beautiful! What a blessed lady and family to be gifted with such a noble soul!
ReplyDeleteWell Rachelle, I don't know that I could have done it without you! You are a pretty great epidural if I do say so myself! Thanks again for all that you've done for me and my family the last little while!
DeleteI am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy for you.
ReplyDeleteWelcome, Baby G!
Thank you Kjell!!! We are loving this little guy!
DeleteI'm so excited for you! And he is seriously so cute! I'm so glad you were able to have a VBAC and get to experience natural childbirth. I'd love to read your story if you ever decide to post it. Hope you're recovering well and getting some rest!
ReplyDeleteThanks Rachele! I'm glad it went the way that it did under the circumstances I was in. I might post it, I just hate how long birth stories can get... so maybe when I'm feeling up for it. You did a good job on yours! But then again it was a super quick birth!
DeleteCouldn't be happier for you! He's gorgeous. Congrats! Praying for a quick and easy recovery after all you've been through. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Amanda! We are super happy to have him here.
DeleteCONGRATULATIONS!! I'm very happy for you and your family. He definitely looks like your baby...so adorable. Glad you were able to have a vbac! I love reading birth stories so I'd love to read your even if it is long:)
ReplyDeleteThanks Angela! Berlee told me that you just had another little boy too! Congrats you guys! And you moved! I get all my good gossip from Berlee ;). But we should catch up sometime!
DeleteI just think Baby G is darling! He has such a unique face, not like the typical newborn. I think he is a very special spirit, well worth the wait!
ReplyDeleteThanks Star. I agree, very worth the wait. I can't wait to find out who this special little guy is.
DeleteYou probably don't remember me (we overlapped briefly at BYUH) but I love your blog and just had to say CONGRATS on your new little guy, so happy he arrived safely! You're amazing :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Michelle! I totally recognize you from BYUH! Thanks for saying hi! It's always nice to see who actually reads this thing.
DeleteI love that top picture- how special! You are such a trooper Meg and I'm so excited things worked out for you =o)
ReplyDeleteThanks Christina! I'm sorry that I had my baby before you... I really didn't want to! But your little girl will be here soon enough. I'm glad how things worked out too.
DeleteI love how he's a baby....little, but not scrawny, and clearly is ready to be here!
ReplyDeleteThat last picture is the sweetest picture I have ever seen. I am so happy for you... I assumed he had to be taken by c-section due to him coming so suddenly and 4 weeks early. What a blessing that it was all able to work out. I hope you are able to just enjoy it all.
ReplyDelete