January 1, 2013
I resolve...
to not make any resolutions this year...
WHAT!?!?!?
This is so not like me, to not make any resolutions. I love setting goals, making resolutions, checking things off my to do list, trying to accomplish everything and anything.
Turns out I'm still sort of burned out from the list I made from last year.
The more I think about my life right now and the things that I want to accomplish in life the more I realized that I need to learn to be content with who I am and where I am right now. Not always trying to make things better, make myself better, make my surrounding better, my life better. But to just accept who I am right this second and realize that I don't have to do anything great and wonderful to be of worth. That I don't have to set up unrealistic expectations of myself and then push myself to finish them. I just sort of want to be right now...
So I guess that is my resolution, to not make a resolution. To let January start and not jump on whatever horse I think I should be riding at the time. But to just wake up each morning and breath. Enjoy my boys, enjoy my days, and let them form themselves into whatever they have in store for me. To not rule my life by deadlines or expectations. But to just be happy with who I am and what I have right now. To not always be looking to finish a project or a deadline because I think that's what I'm suppose to do.
Ahhh... I feel better already.
I don't have a great link for this picture. Sorry. I found it here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I love this meg! Happy new year!!
ReplyDeletefound you from Hil and had to tell you, I love reading this! such sage wisdom.
ReplyDelete