December 12, 2012
I'm the dreamer...
I am the dreamer and my husband is the doer. We've needed a new entertainment system ever since we moved. We've been getting by with the tiniest little cabinet that looks so goofy under our TV, it's ridiculous. But I can never seem to fork over the money for something that I want, so we are building a new entertainment center for our living room. I drew the picture in the bottom corner of what I had in mind and husband figured out all the dimensions.
We've been spending almost all of our free time out in his dad's garage for the past week getting it going. We are making progress but still have a ways to go. Here is the skeleton of it.
I showed Trent a picture of what I really wanted and he said, "Sure!" which was so great! He and I have very different tastes on furniture and what we like and I know this is not what he would have picked, but he is making it for me anyway with a smile on his face. Love that man.
It's going to be similar to this, but with two open spaces in the top for the DVD player and something else if we ever move past our beloved VCR (anyone else still love those besides me?). Then it will have to bottom cabinets with barn wood on the doors that will house movies, toys and blankets.
I'm so excited to see how it turns out! I think I should be able to bring it home sometime next week to paint the outside white. It's going to look so great in our space, I can't wait!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



It's not that I'm fond of VCRs...just to cheap to buy it all on DVD again. :) So,yeah, we've had a dual VHS/DVD for years.
ReplyDelete