September 1, 2009

Thread box...

I've been wanting a thread box to organize my thread... but I wanted one I could hang on the wall to keep little hands off of it.

So what once started as a wooden wine box from Costco (meaning, it was free...) and some wooden skewers...






...is now a thread box!



I love it! Nice and simple. I thought about painting some type of pattern on the back, but I couldn't make up my mind as to what I wanted. Plus, I'm haven't totally decided how to decorate my sewing room yet so I left it white.




Plus I think that the colorful thread makes it's own pretty decoration.
- I had my hubby saw off the top half of the box so that it wasn't as deep.
- Then I stained the outside of the box with a dark mahogany stain.
- We measured out where we wanted the pegs and hubby again drilled all of the holes.
- I measured and cut all of the little sticks (this was the biggest pain of all).
- Paint the inside of the box white, insert sticks, paint them white and there you have it!

7 comments:

  1. Love it! Very clever...
    Black and white is always classic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so great! And I love that you got the box for free.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I
    LOVE
    IT
    !!!

    Seriously, the cutest way to organize thread ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. I think you did a great job and you're right, the thread makes a great fun pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a very clever idea! I love it! Hmm...now I think I might borrow your idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's such a good idea! I'll have to copy that one day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great idea! I'm so glad i have friends who are so clever and willing to share their thoughts and ideas with my "not so clever" brain. ;-)

    ReplyDelete