September 22, 2014
Changes and answered prayers...
A miracle happened for me this week. That miracle is that I finally found my camera! What makes it a miracle to me is that I prayed and prayed that I could find it, and then I felt really silly for praying for such a worldly thing. But my prayers were answered, and not only did I find my current camera (which had fallen under my cedar chest in my room) but I also found the camera that I lost 2 1/2 YEARS AGO at our family Christmas party! We had just moved into my in laws from Vegas and I had set my camera on the back of the couch during the party, and then it was gone. Nobody saw it, I looked all through the couch cushions and underneath the couch multiple times. It was simply gone! I tried not to think that maybe someone in my husband's family had taken it, or accidentally put it in their diaper bag, but I'd be lying if I said that my mind didn't go there.
We went out to my in laws last week and not having learned my lesson before I put my phone on the back of their couch. Then it disappeared. So we looked for a while and turned the couch upside down and I actually cut the bottom fabric of the couch to see what was inside. Low and behold... my phone AND my old camera (and many other things this couch had swallowed)! Seriously people! I'm never setting anything but my bum on that couch again!
The thing that I'm most relieved about with finding my camera were these pictures of Baby Gray that I had on there. I've snapped a picture of him every month of his little life and the last four months were still on that camera. Pictures that I could never recreate or do again. So as soon as I found it I took his finally birthday picture and got my little collage put together. I love seeing how this boy has grown.
He took his first long string of steps yesterday. His second tooth just popped through his gums and he's starting to shake his head no and yes.
Receiving an answer to this prayer has been interesting to me. Sometimes I forget that God cares about me, thinks about me, that this little life I lead he might actually care about and have an interest in my success. Maybe if he knows about my great desire to find a camera and chooses to help me with that, he also knows of the other great desires I have that are locked away in my heart. He knows my shortcomings, limitations, and the things that I would desperately like to change in my life but don't even have a clue where to start or how to ask. Maybe... it's time for me to have the courage to pray yet again for the big things, and not just for the small.
How funny it is that we tend to forget things like this. Gray is my result of thousands of prayers that God chose to answer for me. He is my daily reminder of hope and love in this world. I'm grateful for the blessing he is in my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

He's a beautiful little boy Meg! What a sigh of relief and so cool your prayers were answered!
ReplyDeleteOur branch is asking us to read the April conference talks this month before conference weekend. I was also reminded this morning that I'm important to Him. It's a great feeling. I'm glad you found your camera.
ReplyDelete"Help me find....." is one of my favorite prayers. I think God/the universe/guides/angels like to help us with small things because there are so many big things they need to let us do on our own.
ReplyDeleteCute pictures! I'm so glad you found your camera. One of my first testimony builders about prayer was when I was a kid and dropped my Giga Pet in the toilet... Gross. I prayed and prayed it would still work...My parents put it in rice and the next day it did work! Haha so silly, but to this day I know Heavenly Father cares even about the littlest of things.
ReplyDeleteI should tell you the story about my lost wedding rings. . . .
ReplyDelete