August 25, 2014

Woodland mobile...

*** So I've lost my camera. I have no clue where it is. I know that it made it here from the move because I took Baby G's 11 month pictures with it here, but now it is gone and I wish I could figure out where I put it! But I really wanted to share the latest project that I've finished, so please excuse the phone pictures that I have. 

Baby G finally has his own room! I've been having fun making plans to decorate his new space. I want to do a woodland animal theme and started on a mobile for it back in the beginning of the year. I put it away for a while but pulled it out again when we moved to finish it up and get it hanging above his bed.

I used wool felt and pretty much fell in love with it. That stuff is so dreamy to sew with! I just worked on one animal at a time until I had enough to hang it up.



I found an old branch in the yard here and tied all the animals to it with some fishing string. 




 I think this colorful fish is my favorite...


I used four eye hooks screwed into the ceiling to suspend the branches. This little moose guy wasn't pictured above, he was the last one I did before hanging it up.


I'm super happy with how it turned out! I think that Gray likes it too. These pictures just don't do it justice... darn it! I'm happy to have something up in his room for him now.


1 comment: