August 3, 2014

Summer happenings...

A lot has happened since the last time I was on here. We've had a full and beautiful summer so far. In the last few months we...


moved away from the Pioneer House. It was so hard to leave that place. We really did need to leave, we were packed like sardines in that tiny home. Our land lords sold the home in April and the new owner let us stay a few more months so Blue could finish out the school year and we could find another place to live. We had been waiting to move into a home up in Perry, Utah, but things fell through and we were scrambling to find another place. Anyway, long story short... we found a great home that is more than twice the size of the Pioneer house and on half an acre. We have room to do a big garden here and our chickens have a nice run and barn to live in (seriously... a barn!). We are still trying to get settled in here, but it's starting to feel more like home.



We've been on some really fun vacations! We went to California and Disneyland in May and Steamboat Springs, Colorado, in July. The kids were amazing on both drives in the car.... sleeping in the hotel was a different story though. Yikes! We had a great time in both places though!


And dear Baby Gray turned one this last week! I can hardly believe that he is one! This year has flown by. The other day I was thinking about how the first year of both Blue and Gray's lives have been then best years of my life. Some of the hardest days for sure, but so full of love and hope for these sweet boys. I'm so grateful to be their mom!

Anyway, now that life looks like it's starting to calm down more I hope that I'm able to find some time to write. I really miss it! Hope you are all having a wonderful summer.

2 comments:

  1. I miss your posts too! I have been checking your blog regularly, so anytime you feel like you want to write a post go right on ahead. :) :) I want to see pics of the new place, the space and the land sound terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could it really be a whole year already?! WOW! What fun adventures you have had this summer, and what an awesome home you have found! Can't wait to vista again soon!

    ReplyDelete