September 24, 2010

Baby steps - constant concerted effort...

A friend of mine posted this video on Facebook today and it made me cry! What a touching story. Simple... yet so powerful.

Something that my husband keeps telling me and that I keep telling myself is that losing weight is more just a constant, concerted effort to exercise and eat healthy. There aren't really any magic tricks or pills. Just to keep trekking along and making good choices.

I'm still just trying to keep good habits. I know that I do better every day with my eating if I start the day out right with some exercise and a healthy breakfast. Every single time you eat a meal you make a choice... to do something healthy and good for or body, or to not. I'm happy to say that I am making the healthy choice a lot more often than I make the non healthy choice and it's starting to show.

My progress...

I've now lost 10 lbs. I have about 3 lbs to go to be at my "pre chemo" weight. I'm starting to see it too. I have more energy now than I did before. My clothes are starting to fit a little better. Yesterday I ran 3 miles straight without stopping. It was a slow run, but it was a good one.

I'm planning on running a half marathon in March. I haven't signed up for it yet, I'd like to be able to run 6 miles before actually signing up for the race (that's about half the distance of the race). I do think though that by signing up for this race it will keep me motivated to get out and do my runs every week. Constant concerted effort...

5 comments:

  1. I saw that on facebook too. It is inspiring, as are you. Way to go on the weight loss. I'm so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay! Time for a run! What an inspiring video! :) Good luck with your training too! I hope you succeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this video. I need to start watching it every day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just came across your blog. that video is very inspirational and hits very close to home for me. i'm running my first half-marathon in november. i signed up about a month ago when i could only run about 2 miles. baby steps, right? my longest run (last week) was 6.5 miles. like the video says, if you want to do something sometimes you just have to do it. no excuses. thanks for the inspiration. i have a feeling i'll be reading your blog regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cool story. Thanks for sharing it. We all need motivation in life for a variety of things. He is happier - you can just feel it!!

    ReplyDelete