September 27, 2010

Dinosaur...



My little boy is going to be three this Halloween. So this is the first Halloween that he has really had any clue as to what is going on. I asked him what he wanted to dress up as without hesitation he said, "DINOSAUR!"
He's always been interested in messing with my sewing stuff much to my dismay... so I decided to make this a fun project for us to work on together. I took him to the fabric store and let him pick out what fabric he wanted (I did sway him a little... I didn't want him to be a light pink dinosaur). I've also been letting him help me when I pin the fabric together. He sits quietly on my lap when I sew the pieces together and pulls out the pins when it's time and puts them back in the pin cushion.
It has been so cute to have him help me do this. It's a bit frustrating at times when I would like to just get something done and he slows down the process... but I'm learning to be patient just as he is learning about working on a project from start to finish.
I love working on projects with my boy... I highly recommend it.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you at letting him pick his own costume! I picked my kids' for them. My boy loves to sew, too! it's the one thing that we do just the two of us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great idea to let him help!!

    ReplyDelete