I'm sticking to my guns about no resolutions this year... but that doesn't mean that I don't have goals I would like to accomplish. I really would like to do a better job at decorating for the holidays... no pressure though! Just one thing/month/holiday at a time and see how it goes, right?
I realized over Christmas that part of the reason I have a hard time decorating for holiday's is because I don't have a lot of flat surface space to decorate on. I really only have this one little window seal.
So I think I need to work on more flat spaces, but until then I will try to fill the window seal up!
I made this heart garland with the boy a few years ago. It's simply just felt hearts all sewn in a row.
We made a few conversation hearts (idea from here) to go by our hugs and kisses block that we have.
I try to plant paper whites in the winter. It's something that my mother in law did and so I try to do it to remind my husband of his mom. We had to go to 4 nurseries to find paper white bulbs this year, but we found some and they are beautiful!!
The arrow print is from this lovely blog, and I love how simple it is. I know that my yellow honeycomb vase isn't very Valentine-y, but I love it anyway. Plus it matches the centers of my pretty flowers.
I've wanted to make this burlap banner ever since I spied it in the background here. I think it turned out super cute!
Burlap + typewriter font + sweet little heart... love it!
I feel like I've redeemed myself a little bit from my failed Halloween attempts. It feels good in here right now...
I love your garland, I made something very similar as well! Happy Valentines day!!'
ReplyDeleteThanks Sharon! Happy Valentines to you too! I'm sure your banner is super cute. I need more banners in my life you know, they are just so fun!
DeleteWay to go, Meg! You know my feelings on holiday decorating...I'm not so great at it. LOVE that banner, though. I want to make it myself, now.
ReplyDeleteI love the burlap banner. So pretty, yet NATURAL too! :)
ReplyDeleteWe don't have any flat spots either. I LOVE that banner. Can you tell me how you did the letters? They look printed on.
ReplyDeleteHey Heidi. Flat spots are important aren't they? I printed off the letters onto freezer paper (the non-wax side) and then cut them out with an exacto knife. Then I ironed the paper onto the burlap and painted the letters on. The paint seeped through to the other side so I ended up sewing another layer of burlap onto the back to hide that and to make a space for the rope to go through. I hope that makes sense?
Delete