November 1, 2012

Wolverine + Lumberjacks

Our boy wanted to be Wolverine so badly this year! I like to make his costume, but I was not going to attempt Wolverine with the blade hands and the muscles that he was requesting.



He really liked getting into character in these pictures...


This is what I got when I asked him to smile... silly kid.


I have not dressed up for Halloween since I got married, I'm pretty sure. But Trent's family likes to do a Halloween party every year and this is the first year that we've been able to go! So we dressed up. I wanted to push the easy button on this one because I just wasn't feeling it... so we went as lumberjacks. We already had hats, flannel shirts, a plastic toy ax. It was easy. But the night before we had this great idea to make yarn beards for our costumes. OH BOY!!! I have to say that making and wearing a yarn beard is one of the funnest things I've ever done! I'm being totally serious. I could not stop laughing thinking about wearing my beard.


Beard kisses... a little strange, yet so funny!


I loved watching people look at us and our ridiculous beards. I may have stared at a few drivers along the road until they looked at me so that I could see them laugh at my dumb beard. It was so much fun! Now I'm trying to figure out where else I can wear my beard...


Anyone want a beard? I'm going to make our boy one just in case we need all of us to have beards sometime. That could happen right?

8 comments:

  1. Love the beards and the thought of you staring people down while wearing one. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are hilarious Meg. I love the beards. So classicly awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and p.s. the easy button?? Making yarn beards isn't the easy button in my book my friend. One other reason why you just rock! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hil - You're right. That was not the easy button. It was suppose to be. I can never seem to just do something easy, I almost always results to the hard way ;). Oh well, the beards were worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the beard! I bought a crochet pattern for a beard with a hat over a year ago and still haven't made it, I might never make it now that I see your method.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is AWESOME. Props to your beards!

    ReplyDelete