July 23, 2011

Pincushion...

When I lived in Hawaii I worked for a lady named Denise. She was my adopted mom in my home away from home. When she heard that I had cancer she sent me a lovely care package full of wonderful Hawaiian goodies.... one being a little coconut shell pincushion. I love that she remembered that I love to sew.

I love this pincushion. I love that it had a hard bottom and will sit on my table without rolling away. I love that it reminds me of Hawaii. I love that it was a very simple gift from someone that I love.

However... Hawaiian print is not really my thing, unfortunately. So I gave it a little makeover one day. I actually bought a glue gun for the first time in my life to get the job done. That's right, I now own a glue gun... heaven help me!




Add a little linen and some lace...



I love it! Even though my husband says it looks "grandmaish" I don't really care. Wood + Linen + Lace... lovely.

1 comment: