July 26, 2011

Fish Taco Picnic...

We took some of our friends out of the heat of the city and into our favorite meadow for some yummy fish tacos last weekend. It was so nice up there! We practically had the meadow to ourselves.


I love this meal for picnics because you can prep most of it ahead of time, and it's so good! I made all of the fillings and put them in containers to bring along.


Pico de gallo (with and without onions), shredded cabbage, black beans, grilled salmon (and whatever sauce you like).



We brought a pan and our little butane stove to cook the corn tortillas there. This was nice because they have fire restrictions in our little mountain here, but no restrictions on stoves. And these taste so much better with nice hot tortillas.


They were delicious! Which is nice because I had quite the "authentic" crowd to please...


Not sure why I even try to cook Mexican food for my Mexican friends... seriously! They said that I passed though, which is nice! I'm trying to buy back my friends love {because she deleted me as her friend on facebook.... just kidding, not really. I think she will be my friend again now...}.

Entertainment for the kidlets was riding the big wheel down the hill...


And throwing rocks at cans...


Nothing like a refreshing night in the mountains with good friends and some yummy food.

No comments:

Post a Comment