July 21, 2010

Limes...



I love limes. I think that they are one of the greatest things on the planet. I love their tartness, and how they intensive the flavor of other foods. Limes are in season right now so they taste so yummy! We've been eating a whole lot of lime around here lately. Here are a few of my favorite lime recipes...





... Shrimp Tacos. I made these twice last week, and might be making it again tonight. I'm in love with this one. You season the shrimp with lime and the pico de gallo. It's just so fresh and yummy!


... Brazilian Limeade. Made this the other night after a long hot day and some time at the pool. It was wonderful! So lime-y! This one is a must to try (thanks Sarah!).


... Sprite + Lime. My favorite easy beverage. So good...


... Lime-Cilantro Rice. I haven't tried this one yet, but it's on the menu tonight! It reminds me of the rice they have at Chipotle, which I'm a big fan of. So hopefully it's great (I'm sure it will be). I'm even going be brave and try the pineapple with it.


... Pineapple Mango Salsa. This is another one that I am dying to try. A nice fresh summer salsa, loaded with lime. Lovely...

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this post... I got some limes in my food basket and wasn't sure what to do with them... Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm. Glad you liked it! Thanks for linking me. SO nice of you! :)
    Sometime - try making popsicles out of them. They are so good you don't want to share them with your kids. (Or maybe your a nicer mom than me, but I wanted them all to myself!)

    ReplyDelete