January 1, 2013

Christmas...

 
We had a good Christmas this year. It's always nice to be home with your family at Christmas time, and this was our second Christmas that we have been home since we moved back. It's been good to visit with aunts, uncles, siblings, cousins, parents, grandparents, friends. Our lives have been very full this month.
 
Christmas Eve morning the boy woke up with stomach flu. So we had to cancel our plans for our traditional fondu dinner and we spent the day washing every piece of bedding in the house (yes, he managed to puke on both of our beds...). Thankfully we found a laundry mat that was open and we could get the quilts washed and ready to go. Then husband had to work on Christmas Eve night. He actually volunteered to work the grave shift that night so that one of his fellow nurses could be home with her 3 kids on Christmas Eve. I'm glad he is so giving and willing to do stuff like that, but at the same time we missed him. The boy and I snuggled on the couch most of the night watching redbox movies and looking at the beautiful snow outside.
 
I feel like I spent so much time working on Christmas presents this year but I really didn't. Part of that is because I put together the presents that my mom gave to me and my sisters (more on that later), and the gifts that I was planning on giving to my friends didn't work out at all. I spent a lot of time trying to make these darling ornaments that I found only to have them all end up in the garbage. It was super frustrating. I could never get the dough to not crack and look awful.
 
I was successful at making a few growth charts for friends and family. These are the two different types that I made.


They turned out super cute! I love giving handmade gifts at Christmas, I just wish that all my efforts would have turned out better this year. Oh well... that's the game of crafting, sometimes things turn out cute and sometimes they don't!

The boy was happy with his lot this year. His two favorite gifts...


A whoopie cushion from the dollar store and a Spiderman costume that I found at the DI for $4. If I had known these two things would have made him so happy I could have stopped there!!

1 comment:

  1. So sorry about the flu! Emma was feeling a little under the weather that day, too. LOVE your growth charts.

    ReplyDelete