November 14, 2012

Thankful tree...

 This week for family night we made a Thankful tree. First off, we are not very good at doing family night. We can probably count on one hand the number of times that we've done that this year. It's hard when the three of us do just about everything together everyday... but we're trying to be better. This was the perfect activity for such a night though.

First I found some branches outside that had fallen down in the snowstorm. Then I cut little leaves out of some brown paper sacks. Then I cut little strips of fabric from my stash that were fallish colors to tie the leaves to the branches. This activity was free... which is my favorite kind!


We sat down and wrote out what we were each thankful for on our little leaves. The boy drew pictures since he can't write yet.


Then we tied them all up to the branches...


Not bad little tree, not bad.


We have some left over in little buckets by the tree in case we come up with some more in the next week that we want to add. My favorite are the boy's. Here he is thankful for our house, and snowmen...


Mom (melts my heart that he can spell out Mom).


Last but not least, bouncy balls.

1 comment:

  1. I love it! What a cute idea. I also like that the bouncy ball is 3 times the size of Tru. :)

    ReplyDelete