October 25, 2012

Goodbye garden...


I've spent the last few weeks ripping out what was left of the garden. The only things that are left are the tomatoe plants and the swiss chard. I decided to leave them because the deer have been coming down and eating them up so I figure why not? Might as well let them go for it.


Half eaten swiss chard...
 
 
We picked what was left of the green tomatoes before it froze. They've already ripened though, so I made some raw salsa this week with our last tomatoes.
 


I loved growing a garden this year. It has been one of the most rewarding things I have done. We're already making plans of what we want to do next year. More tomatoes and peppers so I can make salsa for canning, lots more squash. We're hoping to grow enough pumpkin to can some puree next year to keep us stocked for the winter.

Also, more flowers. The only flowers I did this summer were my sunflowers. Next summer I want flowers that come and go all season long! I'm thinking some orange poppies, black eyed susan's, daisies... I can hardly wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment