October 23, 2012
Five...
Well, birthday season is officially over in our house. This little dude just turned five last week {he posed himself for that picture btw...}. Gosh, I don't know how times flies so fast! He is such a sweet little boy. Very active and adventurous as always.
He wanted to have a "yes day" where we did whatever he wanted to all day long. So we played mini golf, ate lunch at McDonald's, got him a treat at the gas station... and he didn't want to go to bed all night. So we stayed up until 11:30 PM watching Ninja Turtles till he conked out on the couch ;).
We had grandparents over for homemade pizza (cheese for the birthday boy) and cake. He wanted a Wolverine cake and so I made it happen. I don't think I will ever make a fondant cake again, but I'm happy that he liked it. Even though the hand coming out of the center just looks like a big blue blob (because it was...), I'm glad he was happy!
So happy to be his mom. Love you little boy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
He's such a cutie. Five is such a big birthday! Carson is still mad at me for not letting him see T the last time we got together. (He doesn't believe that it was a mommy-only dinner.) haha
ReplyDeleteAnd I think your cake is awesome! I couldn't do that...
Poor Carson! We will have to get these boys together soon!
DeleteHe looks so grown up in that first picture! Wow. It sounds like he had a pretty awesome day.
ReplyDeleteThanks Ashley! I wish that I could have used your recipe... I'm sure it would have tasted much better than this cake did. Next time!!
DeleteHe is getting so big. I can tell from the mini golf picture that he is tall. :D Jane misses him. I miss you. Maybe we should sneak up to see you. ;D Happy Birthday to Tru!! We're so glad you are a part of our lives.
ReplyDeleteWe should get together the next time you come up! That would be so fun!
DeleteSo fun to see him all grown up. I still remember the few times I got to have him at our house and we'd go out to do something and he fit right in our line up. People gave me looks - I didn't tell them all he wasn't mine. I let them think he was. I miss Tru in primary too. He always seemed to sit near me!!
ReplyDeleteHeidi... you are too funny! We should have gotten a picture of that! He would fit into your line up with his blonde hair! Thanks for taking good care of my boy back in the day. I'm sure he sat by you in primary because he remembered you and how nice you are ;).
DeleteHe's such a cute boy meg!! Are you sure he didn't turn seven?? He looks so grown up!
ReplyDeleteThanks Sharon! No kidding he looks seven! I can't even believe how big he is now.
DeleteYou are such a cool mom.
ReplyDelete