August 13, 2012

Wild...


 Here is what our tomatoes looked like the end of June.

And here they are mid August...



They've turned monstrous! They are growing out of control. Can you spy a creepy face in the next picture? They are taller than me in some places.



We got five big red ones off yesterday, plus a dozen cherry tomatoes. I just hope that most of them turn red at the same time so that I can do something with them like make salsa or tomatoe sauce to can.


The boy loves helping us gather up our food. He was super excited last night because we picked a watermelon that he's been eyeing every day. It's his favorite and the one thing that he wanted to grow in the garden this summer.


And it did not disappoint! He loved it. I think he ate half the watermelon and finished off my piece (I'm not really a fan). Oh the joys of summer!

1 comment:

  1. Our tomatoes are out of control too! We bought extra sturdy cages this year and the weight of the plants bent them in half! They are at least 2 feet higher than my 6 foot fence. It's ridiculous! Tomatoea and squash were the only things we got around to planting this year, though, so I'm glad they're thriving so I don't feel like a complete failure! ;)

    Your garden is such a success!

    ReplyDelete