April 14, 2012
Home...
I've always daydreamed about living in a little quaint cottage somewhere in the mountains. I have a pinterest board dedicated to the cute little homes that I find. I showed them to my husband once and said, "I want to live in a little home in the mountains someday like these." His response was, "Do you realize how little those houses are? They are really really small." Yes, yes they are. I don't know, I've never wanted to be in some huge house somewhere (mostly because I don't want to have to clean it). There is just something that draws me to these little cottage homes. So cozy, so cute, so homey.
Well, I have some rather exciting news!!! (It's exciting to me anyway). We are going to be moving in about 2 weeks to a cute tiny home!! It's not up in the mountains, but it's right next to some mountains, and we are so super excited about this. It's much closer to my husband's new job (he's been commuting about 75 minutes to and from work each day) and it has a large yard with fruit trees and room we can garden. The house is pretty tiny, under 1000 square feet. And it's almost 130 years old! It was a pioneer home built by some of the Mormon pioneers in the late 1800's. It's been updated since then (no outhouse mind you... but still no dishwasher) with big windows that let in the light, still very tiny. And cute. And perfect for our small family at this time in our lives. Nice and cozy but with a large yard that we can spend time together in the great outdoors. We are so excited!!!
I'm going to have to buckle down and get pretty organized so that we can fit our stuff in there, but it will be a good move for our family. I can feel it. It feels good to be excited about something like this. Time to start packing up my stuff at my in laws and start fresh somewhere new!
Home 1, 2, 3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Meg I am so excited for you! I am even more excited to hopefully see some pictures of your cute new home. It sounds completely perfect. Good luck with the packing and organizing!
ReplyDeleteHow exciting!! I love tiny little homes too... but I also like the big roomy ones, haha. Can't wait to see your new place - good luck on the move!
ReplyDeleteYay! Yay!! I can't wait to hear all about it! I'm with you on the home front. I believe tight homes grow tight families. So excited for you!!!!
ReplyDeleteThat is great news and I long for a little place of our own with all you described as well! I have a little place, don't get me wrong, but not necessarily the type mentioned above. ;0) Please take lots and lots of pictures - especially of the fun touches I know you are going to put on the place to make it yours.
ReplyDeleteI'm excited for you and your family to move in a little home of your own. I know you'll do a great job making it yours. :D
ReplyDelete