October 17, 2011
On the needles...
I've been knitting up some new things. I'm pretty much in love with this lacy - mustard yellow creation here. It always makes me excited to find a few minutes to knit when it's something that I love looking at.
I saw a quote once that said something like, "knitting is my Prozac". I feel the same way. It calms me. It's so relaxing to just sit and focus on the little stitches. Knitting takes a long time, a lot longer than crochet (or so I've been told) and I think that's part of the "therapy". It's something that isn't going to be done soon. It takes many times to find the quiet moments to sit and work, slowly...
My husband says that I've turned into a 60 year old lady... I'm totally fine with that, if it means I can knit, that's just fine...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How beautiful! So what is it that you're making? Knitting terrifies me... I'm a crochet-lady at heart. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Shaela. I'm making a cowl for winter. You should knit! It's not so bad ;)
ReplyDeleteSaw this today and thought of you - in case you're interested. :)
ReplyDeletehttp://thedailywh.at/2011/10/19/cutest-call-to-action-ever-of-the-day/
Dear Meg, I can't find an email address for you so I tracked you down here at your very lovely blog. I am adoring it.
ReplyDeleteYou left a comment on my blog {A Blog About Love} ages ago and I have had it in my heart since then. I am so sorry I got delayed in replying. But I just wanted to tell you that it touched me so much. I admire all that you are doing. And I'll be thinking of you as you go along your path.
Best, Mara K.