March 31, 2010

Ties...

Back in the day I used to dream about having a little girl... I would dream of all the cute little dresses I would sew for her to wear to church. With little matching bumpers. She would be such a darling little girl with all her homemade frills...


Well, I have a boy. Maybe someday I will have a girl, but I have a darling little boy that I love beyond belief. But honestly, I have not done my part in dressing up the little boy for church. He's just sort of worn whatever hand me downs we had. I just have never had the same desire to deck out the little guy for church.





Until now... I'm repenting.






I love this little tie pattern from Make It and Love It. I had to cut down a few trees to print it out (40 pages!!!) but it really is such a great detailed pattern. I loved picking out the different fabrics and colors for the ties. So cute! I've decided that sewing for a little boy isn't that bad. It's just different than what I had pictured. But no worries, I've already picked up a little suit pattern... maybe for Christmas? He's going to be such a stud at church...

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Christian LOVES wearing ties and we have to fight him to take it off on Sunday after church...They can be next to impossible to find at stores anyway unless they come with a suit set for Easter or Christmas. I'll have to make him some myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the pattern link...I can't wait to try it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see him in them. You did such a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm visiting from shertbet blossom - I have 2 boys and one girl ... My oldest son is always jealous of all that I make for my daughter .... These ties are a great idea! It is so hard to come up with things to makes for my boys ... My son's favorite are button down jammies :) I am looking forward to checking out the rest of your blog!

    ReplyDelete